28.01.2014
FLUG REVUE

Airbus Helicopters delivers nearly 500 helicopters

Eurocopter closed out a 20-year history with increased deliveries of 497 helicopters in 2013. Renamed Airbus Helicopters, the company opened 2014 with the certification of its new EC175 and the implementation of transformation plan.

Eurocopter PK Paris 2014

Guillaume Faury, Präsident von Airbus Helicopters, hat dem Unternehmen einen Transformationsprozess verordnet (Foto: Airbus Helicopters).  

 

In 2013, Airbus Helicopters delivered nearly one out of two civil rotorcraft provided worldwide. Civil helicopter activities represented 55 percent of the company’s turnover; military activities accounted for the other 45 percent. Product turnover was 58 percent of the total, with services accounting for 42 percent. 72 percent of deliveries were to customers outside of Airbus Helicopters’ home countries (France, Germany and Spain).

Airbus Helicopters took 422-helicopter orders, down from last year. This figure included 211 of the EC120/Ecureuil/Fennec/EC130 family, 61 EC135s, 61 EC145 (down from 81), 33 Super Puma/Cougar/EC225/EC725 family, 17 Dauphin/Panther/EC155 family, only 5 EC175 and 34 NH90 for France.

“We enter 2014 with a transformation plan that is being applied across the company and responds to customers’ evolving expectations,” explained Airbus Helicopters President Guillaume Faury at the traditional New Years press conference in Paris.

A key focus of the transformation plan will ensure product maturity. Quality is an essential element in Airbus Helicopters’ transformation, involving the implementation of standard processes and tools, along with a further drive to deploy lean cultural change.

Competitiveness improvements resulting from the company’s transformation plan will capitalize on the “favorite mission configuration” concept for Airbus Helicopters’ products that reduces lead-times and improves cost-effectiveness.

Airbus Helicopters’ highlights for the coming 12 months include the delivery start-up of its new EC175, which successfully completed the certification process yesterday – to be followed by the type certificate’s issuance within the next several days, the company claims.



Weitere interessante Inhalte
Feuerbekämpfung rund um die Welt Die Löscheinsätze von Erickson 2017

17.08.2017 - Überdurchschnittlich häufige Feuerausbrüche in der nördlichen Hemisphäre erhöhen die Auslastung des Unternehmens für Luftbrandbekämpfung deutlich. Die weltweit größte S-64 Aircrane Flotte ist in … weiter

Pleiten, Pech und Pannen Top 10: Die spektakulärsten Flugzeuge, die nie flogen

17.08.2017 - Senkrechtstarter, Stealth-Jäger, Mach 3 schnelle Jäger: Die Luftfahrtgeschichte ist voll von interessanten, aber erfolglosen Flugzeugprojekten, die trotz fortgeschrittener Entwicklung nie aus eigener … weiter

Rettungshubschrauber im Feldversuch 50 Jahre zivile Luftrettung

11.08.2017 - Vor 50 Jahren untersuchten ADAC und Rotes Kreuz in einem dreiwöchigen Feldversuch, ob "Arzt-Hubschrauber" die Versorgung von Unfallopfern abseits der Ballungsgebiete verbessern können. … weiter

Paris Air Show Airbus Helicopters: „Racer“ enthüllt

08.08.2017 - Airbus Helicopters hat in Le Bourget die aerodynamische Konfiguration seines Hochgeschwindigkeitsdemonstrators aus dem europäischen Forschungsprogramm Clean Sky 2 präsentiert. … weiter

Neuer Präsidentenhubschrauber Sikorsky VH-92A beginnt Flugtests

05.08.2017 - Das erste Versuchsmodell des neuen Präsidentenhubschraubers VH-92A ist bei Sikorsky in Stratford zum Erstflug gestartet. … weiter


  • Hersteller

    Lade...

  • Typ

    Bitte Hersteller auswählen!

FLUG REVUE 09/2017

FLUG REVUE
09/2017
07.08.2017

Abonnements
Digitalabo
E-Paper
Heft-Archiv
Einzelheft bestellen


Eurofighter: Österreich will teure Kampfjets ausmustern
G20: Gipfeltreffen der VIP-Jets
Falcon 5X: Dassaults neuer Widebody fliegt
Tiger Meet: Trainingsduell über der Bretagne
Cassini-Sonde: Nach 20 Jahren Finale am Saturn
Air Serbia: Etihad baut erfolgreich um
Erstflug am Computer: Flugzeuge im Datenstrom

Be a pilot