13.07.2012
FLUG REVUE

Cassidian buys into optronics division of Carl Zeiss

Cassidian and Carl Zeiss AG have agreed to run the optronics and optics activities of Carl Zeiss Optronics GmbH jointly in future.

In a contract signed on 13 July 2012 between EADS Deutschland GmbH – Cassidian’s German legal entity – and Carl Zeiss AG, the two partners stipulated that Cassidian would acquire 75.1 per cent of the shares in Carl Zeiss Optronics GmbH, headquartered in Oberkochen, Germany. Carl Zeiss will retain the remaining 24.9 per cent.

Incorporating this sector of Carl Zeiss is a strategic expansion on the part of Cassidian of its existing sensor product portfolio in the area of sensors. Carl Zeiss  Optronics will be able to make use of Cassidian’s global sales channels, offices and subsidiaries, as well as its know-how in the area of business development, and gains long-term prospects for its existing business activities as a result of this venture.

The agreement includes a site and job security guarantee until 2015. The company will be part of Cassidian’s Sensors and Electronic Warfare Business Line.

Cassidian CEO Dr. Stefan Zoller said: “The acquisition of Carl Zeiss Optronics complements our existing industrial capabilities in the area of sensors, and will enable us in the coming years to develop an innovative, future-oriented and comprehensive 'Sensor House' which will provide the customer with complete sensor solutions from a single source and become well-established on the global markets.”

Mehr Infos zu:
Mehr zum Thema:
 


Weitere interessante Inhalte
Namensänderung Airbus Safran Launchers wird ArianeGroup

17.05.2017 - Das Joint Venture von Airbus und Safran ändert seinen Namen. Zum 1. Juli firmiert die Unternehmensgruppe unter ArianeGroup. … weiter

Rekord-Segelflugzeug mit Druckkabine Perlan II geht wieder auf Höhenrekordjagd

25.04.2017 - Kurz vor der nächsten Rekordjagdkampagne über den Anden hat das Höhen-Segelflugzeug "Perlan II" über Minden, Nevada seine bisherige Höchstflughöhe auf über 30000 Fuß geschraubt. … weiter

P2F-Umrüstung für Egypt Air Erste A330-200 zum Frachterumbau in Dresden

19.04.2017 - Am Dienstag traf in Dresden der erste Airbus A330-200 zum Frachterumbau ein. Das Flugzeug erhält ein seitliches Frachttor und wird beim Erstkunden Egypt Air eingesetzt. … weiter

Seltene Werftgäste bei den Elbe Flugzeugwerken Flughafen Dresden bietet A380-Fototour

13.04.2017 - Die Elbe Flugzeugwerke in Dresden sind mit Frachterumrüstungen, größeren Checks und der Airbus-Teileproduktion beschäftigt. Weil immer wieder interessante Gäste in die Werft kommen, führte der … weiter

Rekordauslieferungen im Verkehrsflugzeuggeschäft Airbus-Konzernbilanz leidet unter A400M

22.02.2017 - Der Luftfahrtkonzern Airbus hat am Mittwoch seine Ergebnisse für das Geschäftsjahr 2016 veröffentlicht. Trotz guter Auftragslage und Rekordproduktion bei den Verkehrsflugzeugen belastete der … weiter


  • Hersteller

    Lade...

  • Typ

    Bitte Hersteller auswählen!

FLUG REVUE 06/2017

FLUG REVUE
06/2017
08.05.2017

Abonnements
Digitalabo
E-Paper
Heft-Archiv
Einzelheft bestellen


Ryanair: Billig-Gigant in der Offensive
Kabinendesign: Wie eng sitzen wir morgen?
Marinehubschrauber: Die Alleskönner für den Bordeinsatz
US Navy: Teststaffel in Pax River
Raumtransporter: So kommt lebenswichtige Fracht zur ISS
Hightech-Triebwerke: Power für Business Jets

aerokurier iPad-App